||[Mar. 31st, 2012|09:51 pm]
Justin J. Betts
Comment to this post, and I will list seven four things I want you to talk about. They might make sense or they might be totally random.|
Then post that list, with your commentary, to your journal. Other people can get lists from you, and the meme merrily perpetuates itself. You know, like a meme.
This is my list from evilegg:
1. What's the worst poverty you've ever seen in person?
2. What (if any) memory do you draw upon for inspiration when you have to suck it up and get through something?
3. Favorite or most memorable dining experience!
4. What's you favorite casual shoe?
1. I have seen many forms of poverty. I have seen gypsies all over the world and personally view it as organized poverty. the worst poverty I have ever seen was unquestionably in Ethiopia, where a GREAT job would bring you 200 bucks a month. An average job is 20. those commercials where you see the sad child carrying water siince they don't have any running? It's legit. It's all heartbreaking but you cannot do anything about it because if you give one money 75 others will see it and crowd you. I learned that the hard way.
2. My mother was working as a nurse making shit pay while raising me. She wanted better, so she started going back to school full-time. She worked nights, drove 2 hours to class, did the school thing all day, and then would drive back home to get ready for work, sometimes not sleeping for 3 days at a time. Through that I learned that determination can get you through pretty much everything.
3. While I was in Iraq I went into An Nasiriyah to help the police force repair their radio equipment. After the work we ate with the leadership of the police. There was lamb, and rice. I was family style, with everyone reaching their hands into the food, jamming the food into their mouthed with the food, and then driving their saliva covered hands back into the rice. Also, their tap water was really brown. Everyone was sooper nice though!